Dear Serve the City Geneva Volunteers,
We have number of events in the planning stages for the next few months. Hopefully we can find something to interest you.
Before we go any farther, if you have changed location, are unable to participate anymore or no longer wish to be on the mailing list please reply with REMOVE now. We wish you every success in your new area of public service.
BELOW ACTIVITY FOR THE 26TH POP UP DINNER
IS CURRENTLY FULLY BOOKED.. THANKS FOR YOUR QUICK REPLY…
We have two open events at the moment: one is for those interested participating in the Montbrillant soup kitchen about twice a month from May to July (or being on standby). The other event is on Monday 26 March, when we need two additional volunteers to work at the soup kitchen for a pop-up dinner (details below). The job is to assist in food preparation, serve the guests and clean up.
– Monday 26: Montbrillant Soup Kitchen – not actually a soup kitchen this time but a POP-UP gourmet dinner for the needy.
Walter, our gourmet chef, and several of his cooking friends are planning a special meal for the customers of the soup kitchen. Two seatings of 50 people each, at 18h00 and 19h30 at the Jardin de Montbrillant.
He needs 4 volunteers to help prep and serve from 15h. Servers will learn how to make homemade pasta.
We also need help with decoration of the hall. Apply at the Current Activities page on our website.
EXCEPT FOR THE SOUP KITCHEN — SIGN UPS
WILL BE OFFERED ABOUT 2 WEEKS PRIOR TO EACH EVENT (Once confirmed)
– Tuesday 27: Montbrillant soup kitchen – 7 volunteers
– Tuesday 10: Montbrillant soup kitchen – 7 volunteers – fully booked, Thank You!!
– Tuesday 24: Montbrillant soup kitchen – 7 volunteers – fully booked, Thank You!!
– Saturday 5: Serve the City International’s Global Volunteer Day –
several events will be on offer; keep an eye out for details.
– Friday 1: Friday early-bird Partage collection at – 5 stores ( not confirmed )
– Saturday 2: Samedi du Partage – 5 stores, 50 volunteers, 8h – 18h (split into 3 shifts)
– Thursday 7: Partage sorting – 10 volunteers each day for 9 days, 8h to 12h
– Friday 8 : Partage sorting
– Wednesday 4: Partage sorting
– Friday 6: Partage sorting
– Wednesday 11: Partage sorting
– Thursday 12 : Partage sorting
– Friday 13: Partage sorting
– Friday 20 : Partage sorting
– Saturday 17: Nelson Mandela International Day of Service –
several events will be on offer.
– Paddle for Cancer (Sunday) 5-10 volunteers
– TheMeal (30 volunteers)
Many thanks.. The STC team