First, many many thanks for the 60+ volunteers we had for Partage collections. A new high of 167 tons of donations.. (to be sorted)
On to next projects..:
– Call for MEN !! We need 4 men on Saturday 9 Dec. to work at Eureka, a housing project for the needy. We need to rotate a tent in order to improve its covering, to be more effective over the winter months. 9:30 to noon with nice BBQ lunch prepared for us..
– We have a new opening for Partage sorting for 5 helpers on Wednesday 27 Dec. The sorting is the normal 8am to noon. Lunch is included.
– Ronald McDonald Houses could use 3-4 volunteers to prepare their two gardens for winter and put a small edging for one of the gardens. Its a morning job 9:30 to noon including lunch. (the houses are near the HUG hospital in Geneva)
– We have a project in Bellevue doing some gardening and cage cleaning at the Zoo this Saturday at 9:30. If you are interested, please sign up and we will send more on the project.
– For those in the Christmas or New Years spirit, Carrfour Rue has a homeless shelter by the bridge and a soup kitchen by the train stations in which they want to present the residents or the hungry with special meals at the holidays..
We need :
- 14 people from 7 pm at la Coulou on 24.12. to help prepare a meal, decorate shelter, serve the meal and clean up
- 12 people from 10 am to 12 & from 7 pm at Jardin de Montbrillant on 31.12 to decorate and set up tables, and deliver for sit-down meals
- 15 people from 7 pm at la Coulou on 31.12. Same as Coulou above only New Years Eve.
We are pleased to announce that GEDS has nominated Serve the City as the recipient of the charity theatre event on Dec 8 and 9 in Geneva. It’s titled Too Close for Comfort, more information available on their website
STC will be using the funds to fund holiday meals for those in the shelter of the Salvation Army. Those wishing to participate in creation of these meals should send a message to Info@ServeTheCityGeneva.ch and let us know of your interest..
Thank you ! The STC Team.