**Serve the City Geneva Newsletter: Thank You Volunteers and Opportunities to Serve!**
Dear Serve the City volunteers,
We would like to express our heartfelt gratitude to the 50 or more volunteers who selflessly joined us in our mission to collect donations for the needy across our 8 different locations.
Your dedication and support have made a tremendous impact on the lives of those in need. We are truly grateful for your contribution.
Throughout our collection drive, we encountered many interesting experiences that were both encouraging and so special.
We would like to share one particular story from Meyrin Center.
A kind-hearted man approached us, seeking to contribute to our event.
When we suggested getting protein, specifically canned tuna or fish, he returned with a full shopping cart, with the pink Partage bag placed on top.
To our surprise, the cart was filled not only with 5 cans of tuna but also with items for babies, women, and other essential supplies to fill all the empty spaces in the trolley. We expressed our gratitude, but he humbly replied, “It’s all for you and your good work.” Such acts of generosity truly exemplify the spirit of community and compassion.
The collection on the day was a resounding success, and we eagerly await the final totals from Partage in the coming days.
Your efforts have made a significant difference in the lives of those who are less fortunate, and we are incredibly proud to have such dedicated volunteers as part of our Serve the City Geneva team.
We invite you to explore our vibrant social media channels, where we consistently share heartwarming stories that will fill you with pride.
**Sorting Days at Partage: Sign Up Now!**
Following the Sharing Saturday event, the harvested goods will be delivered to Partage for sorting.
We have reserved one day a week for the next 2 months, during which 10 volunteers from Serve the City will assist with this program.
We have 7 dates available for sorting, and we encourage teenagers and adults to apply.
The sorting takes place at Plan-les-Ouates from 8:30 am to 11:45 am.
Please list your interested dates in the comments below. More information will be provided later.
The available sorting dates are June 29th, June 30th, July 4th, July 6th, July 7th, July 10th, and July 12th. Please note that each day can accommodate a maximum of 10 volunteers, so sign up now to secure your spot.
**Explore Other Ways to Serve the Community**
If sorting at Partage is not your cup of tea, don’t worry! We have various other programs that are eager to welcome you and provide alternative ways to serve the community.
1. **Soup Kitchen behind the Train Station:** Throughout the year, we actively work in the Soup Kitchen, located behind the train station. Your assistance in serving meals to those in need is always appreciated.
2. **BioPark in Bellevue:** Every month, we organize a service project at the BioPark in Bellevue. Join us in making a positive impact on the environment and the community.
3. **Salvation Army Projects:** The Salvation Army offers four projects for volunteers, including serving meals to Ukrainian refugees and homeless women at the Bel Experience hotel. They also have various opportunities in other locations. Get in touch with us to learn more.
4. **Food Bag Packing at Plan-les-Ouates:** We continue to pack 5,000 food bags per week at Plan-les-Ouates. Your help in this ongoing initiative is invaluable.
5. **Exciting Weekly Projects:** Stay tuned for exciting weekly projects, including a special event for handicapped kids. We are constantly finding new ways to make a difference in our community.
We look forward to seeing you soon and continuing our collective efforts to serve the city and create positive change. Remember, even the smallest act of kindness can make a world of difference in someone.
“Empowering Volunteers, Transforming Communities!”
Serve the City Geneva