Here are some of the upcoming events for which you can sign up on the STC website
This year, the 20KM de Genève running race is a fundraiser during international Breast Cancer Awareness month. They are in need of 10-20 volunteers from 7:30 – 11:00 in Pregny Chambesy.
Here is the text from the race organisers:
We are seeking Race Marshalls for the 20km of Geneva by Genève Aéroport on Sunday 7th October.
The Race Marshall must secure key points of the course by ensuring good cohabitation between runners, spectators and motorists.
On the 20km of Geneva, we would like humanitarian / social associations to help us on this specific mission.
We therefore offer you to take over the Pregny-Chambésy sector from 7.30am to 11am for which we are looking for up to 10-20 volunteers.
Equipped with the T-shirt of the organization, you will also receive a pack lunch and you will be supervised by a manager of the Pregny-Chambésy sector on the day of the event. This person will give you the necessary material as well as useful information on the day of the race.
Merci pour votre aide et très bon weekend à vous,
Responsable bénévoles – 20km de Genève by Genève Aéroport
M: +41 78 684 81 21
A Rocha is committed to the conservation and restoration of the natural world through both scientific research and practical conservation projects. The specific event location will be posted soon.
For several years we have been assembling teams to help unload a container of Bolivan products from trucks to a basement storage room with a line of volunteers. Other ways of helping this special organization are listed below.
Voix Libres is a shop near the main train station that is an international humanitarian association, which operates in Bolivia to offer alternatives to child labour in the mines, fields, garbage dumps and streets. http://www.VoixLibres.org STC is proud to have been working with their team for past 6 years. Some of their upcoming events are listed should you be interested in volunteering with them.
- Volunteers for events: VL needs a lot of volunteers for selling their products and also for promoting the NGO
- 5 – 18 November: Selling exhibition at Manor Vevey
- 3 November- Orvin près de Bienne
- 20 October (approx) container de Bolivie – they need 20 volunteers and it will be helpful if someone of them will have some vans/ trucks
- 3 October- 19h – they will have a “soirée portes ouvertes” regarding information about VL. They said that it will be beneficial for the interested volunteers to come because it will be a good opportunity to more about their activities, mission and vision (a highly recommended training based on my own experience)
- Shop:during the week and on Saturday (flexible hours)- they said that they need more a woman who likes to sell and understands the importance of their work and the impact of each article sold on the women’s life who became entrepreneurs in Bolivia (after they went through slavery in the mines or victims of domestic violence).
- Traslations: VL need always volunteers for translations either for their financial statements, projects, donors, etc. The priority is their site, who is currently under construction. The french version will be created by their own team and then they need the translation.
The translations are mostly required are from:
- French- English/ English- French
- Spanish- French/ French- Spanish
- Spanish- English/ English- French
Bellevue Parc Challendes Zoo
The project aims to support Parc Challendes in Bellevue, Switzerland. Parc Challendes is a non-profit organization that rehabilitates and shelters animals who are either abandoned, lost or hurt. We need your help and energy to complete this project, which includes refurbishing an enclosure and updating the grounds for visitors. This project is lead by a long time STC volunteer who is combining this service project with a leadership assignment for a Scouting Eagle Award.
The work is scheduled over the weekend of October 20th and 21st, from 9am-5pm (rain or shine!). Any time you can give would be appreciated! Please confirm your time slot (why not both days😉?). Help us to help these animals, THANK YOU!
P.S. Please bring gloves and/or a shovel (if you have one) and lunch. Drinks and snacks will be provided to all.
Expat Expo Help at the STC information stand.
Starling Hotel & Conference Center
next to Palexpo November 4th, 2018 9h to 17h
Samdi du PARTAGE food collection program at markets in Geneva (also on Friday)
pick a shift; 8-12, 12-15,or 15-18
Your STC team